About Me

Realize that the chase of the elusive million dollar reward is only half as important as the person we become upon its attainment.

Featured Story

Posted By MDH on 20th Janruary 2010

Jim RohnVision 2020, by the Secretary-General of DAP, YB Lim Guan Eng

 

Posted By justinw on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's that time of the year, where I think there's nothing more important than looking on the whole year in hindsight and relook at firstly what happened with the world and what I can learn from others.


Financials
Firstly there was the spillover from the 2008 subprime collapse which sent many stock markets spiralling downwards but only to rebound on huge optimism of successful (but still debatable) government bailouts. The Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange index rose from a March 09 low of 836 points and now hovering at the 1271 points.


2-year chart. From the middle you can see the insane 52% gains, which I was almost missed.

 
But more importantly, this was a worldwide phenomenon. I for one, had huge skepticism of the markets (no thanks to a few of my pessimistic friends who subscribed heavily to extreme news views) and expected it to fall even further to the 700 levels then hit it big into the market. The sad part was, my own research indicated a likely rebound - which it did! Indicators already determined that it was basically 'low enough'. From here, I learnt an invaluable phrase called

Even if you throw a dead cat on the floor it will bounce.
My mistake is, this cat wasn't dead but had a good and constant supply of nutrition from everywhere. Next year, I shall be more vigilant in getting my sources.
One of my alternatives that I've been emplying is the self-study of Technical Trading. One of the best sites I've been frequenting would be none other than StockCharts.com. (5/5 stars)


Michael Jackson
Yes, he is important enough for one whole paragraph for the King of Pop himself. But imo, the real MJ 'died'  when the mainstream media and corporations began to milk him for all he's worth. After all, pain and humiliation is unofficially part of their business model, isn't it? But back to the man himself, watching the movie 'This is it', I saw the inner workings of this truly amazing man. Despite his misgivings, he left a precious message through one of his most remembered hits - that change will begin with the Man in the Mirror.

Tiger Woods

On the 27th of November, my twitter accounts started buzzing with tweets saying "Tiger Woods injured in car accident". Now, this was only two days after I read about the social media revolution where I found out that Twitter is now the source of breaking news - unverified or otherwise. So I was pretty much excited watching this phenomenon prove itself yet again as searches of "Tiger Woods accident" on google still pointed to his sporting news.

Then, tweet after tweet the message started to get awry with fiery allegations of sexual misconduct. Now, barring the details from the Tiger-hungry media, Tiger has now 'suspended' his professional career in golf putting the entire industry into jeapordy similar to the downfall of the NBA when Jordan left. Wonder whether he might pick up golf though.

Pic: Elin Nordegren aka Mrs. Woods.
What was Tiger thinking?

Now thanks to him, even I get questioned when I visit the driving range nowadays. I don't blame you Mr. Woods, but now women all over the world are wondering why their mates are picking up a game which could last for hours on end rather than say, basketball? But imo, there is one thing to learn from the whole scandal and it's the same one we learnt through Spiderman - go figure. For the latest count (currently 8) and identities of his alleged scandals, click here.

It's a cruel 2009, honestly. Not much good news that went around if you think about it. Or maybe it's because my theory is true that the media is constantly searching for negativity which makes more money? Dayum.

    Get Feed Share on Digg Share on StumbleUpon Share on Delicious

0 milliondollar thoughts:

Post a Comment